Speaker sizes

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
clint79

Post by clint79 »

Hi, just bought a 1.6 Dig-T Tekna. It's great but the stereo is a bit tinny compared to some previous cars.

I'm unlikely to go down the new sound system route but will likely change the 6 paper coned speakers for quality versions. To avoid plying off the door panels before I buy, does anyone know the stock sizes of the 6 speakers in this model? Also any information on the stereo headunit wattage output would be handy.

Thanks

Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Hey there. The adapters you need for the front and rear speakers are these
Cant comment on the wattage of the stock headunit as I am running a separate amp for my Doors

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/install ... r-adapters
clint79

Post by clint79 »

Great thanks, will go for those and perhaps http://caraudiosecurity.com/kappa-62-11 ... w-speakers Extra amp sounds like an idea with good sized speakers.
Deleted User 470

Yes mate they will be fine but make sure you get a amp that is 2Ohm stable as those speakers have a lower impedance than many other speakers on the market and will not make your factory headunit happy
clint79

Post by clint79 »

Thanks will check that out. Once managed to run 3 ohm domestic speakers via a 6 ohm stable amp by running two speakers per channel in series.
atallon

Post by atallon »

Would anybody have a nice how to on installing new speakers in the pulsar? Front, rear and tweeters. Just ordered a set of JBL speakers but have never ripped apart a door panel or done anything similar before. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Deleted User 470

atallon wrote:Would anybody have a nice how to on installing new speakers in the pulsar? Front, rear and tweeters. Just ordered a set of JBL speakers but have never ripped apart a door panel or done anything similar before. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I could do a video of my setup in my car if you would like.
atallon

Post by atallon »

mrrichmond1995 wrote:
atallon wrote:Would anybody have a nice how to on installing new speakers in the pulsar? Front, rear and tweeters. Just ordered a set of JBL speakers but have never ripped apart a door panel or done anything similar before. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I would really appreciate that if you could mate :). Afraid id only pull off something I shouldn't
Deleted User 470

atallon wrote:
mrrichmond1995 wrote:
I would really appreciate that if you could mate :). Afraid id only pull off something I shouldn't
Will record it this weekend.
atallon

Post by atallon »

Even just some photos to show it all can be done would be great if you don't have much time on your hands. Will probably be installing them next week