Spare Wheel Options?

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
RPJ

Post by RPJ »

Hello,

Re: Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DiG-T Visia

My Pulsar currently relies on the spray can option to temporary repair a puncture. I was thinking about replacing this with either a space saver or full size spare wheel. Firstly does my model have sufficient space to store a full size spare wheel and if so, what would you recommend - full or space saver?

I've seen space saver wheels advertised on eBay for example, for around £100, and they come with a jack and wheel brace etc.. I believe that a main dealer kit is more like £250? Are there other suppliers that I should reconsider?

Also if I were to buy a space saver wheel would I also need the 'plastic' housing for the wheel and tools to sit in too?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks :D

gezt

Post by gezt »

Looking at that option myself, best get a measurement done.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Full size won't fit the well, it isn't deep enough unless you either want a large bulge in the carpet, or alternatively want to fit something under the carpet to level it back up. You might be able to get the plastic housing through Nissan or just wrap the tools in a cloth to stop them rattling around in the boot.
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

The spare and tyre from main dealer cost me just over £100, the tie down tool (screw thing that holds your plastics down) from your old plastic tray can be used on the new wheel.

Had a Nissan scissor jack from an old car, which fits snug under the boot lip, and got a torque wrench and some protective alloy wheel sockets for £30 off eBay / amazon.
Used an old fabric shower curtain to wrap them in- doesn't hurt to have a shower curtain in the car in case you ever have to change a wheel in the rain!