DRL an Emergency Forward Brake.

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
kt53

Post by kt53 »

mrrichmond1995 wrote:
kt53 wrote:
cousinjack wrote:As mentioned you can turn off the forward braking.Did you not research the features off the car before buying ? i know i did!!
I knew about the forward braking system when I purchased. What I didn't expect was that it would activate at random times for no obvious reason.
Then you need to take it back to the dealer because there is clearly something drasticly wrong if it is putting the brakes on when there is no need to!
The problem is that it is so intermittent. It has actually happened twice in the 5 months I've had the car. I can hear the comment now "We haven't been able to replicate the problem". I've managed to drive for over 40 years without needing anything to tell me there's a vehicle in front, so I think I can continue that way.

Brownie4583

Post by Brownie4583 »

I have had my Pulsar for 12 months now and covered 15,000 miles and had no problems at all.
I sometimes bleeps if the car in front brakes suddenly and also sometimes when a car is at the side but the brakes haven't been applied at any time.
Probably is a fault with it.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

If that's all that's wrong with it, you're doing well.
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

" have had my Pulsar for 12 months now and covered 15,000 miles and had no problems at all.
I sometimes bleeps if the car in front brakes suddenly and also sometimes when a car is at the side but the brakes haven't been applied at any time.
Probably is a fault with it."

Mine does exactly the same,queried it with the dealer who said that the system would only apply the brakes at the very last moment!
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
Particulate Driver

Which is probably too late.
cousinjack

Post by cousinjack »

If i was to rely on forward emergency braking it probably would be to late!! Surely it is designed to be a last minute system as opposed to something you rely on,reading the manual it does say that it is not there to replace your right foot!! however i use good old fashioned eyesight and human reactions to a given situation.To wait for any auto braking system to kick in would be a foolish thing.I just use the audible warning for what it is a warning .
If you are not happy with the system switch it off !!
Just my two penny worth.
Cousinjack AKA Geoff
Redruth Cornwall
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Switching it off is exactly what I intend to do. It hasn't happened for some time now but I have no confidence in its operation.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I was driving alongside a row of buses today when the warning beep went off. Absolutely nothing in front of me, buses were static, and I was driving straight ahead.
Particulate Driver

This sort of thing is worrying, maybe the camera's got too wide a field or something?
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Particulate Driver wrote:This sort of thing is worrying, maybe the camera's got too wide a field or something?
That's my guess too, although sensor rather than camera. Thankfully it didn't apply the brakes.