New Member, new Pulsar owner

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dave_S

Post by Dave_S »

Hi All,

Recently took delivery of a new Pulsar Dig-T 190 Tekna.

Not new to Nissan, as have had two X-Trails, followed by two Qashqais, all from new, and all diesel. The last one, a 2014 Qashqai 1.6dci Tekna.

Decided to downsize a bit, so thought I would give the Pulsar a try. Had a test drive of a Dig-T 115 (1.2) but found that after the 1.6dci Qashqai it was quite lacking in performance, so opted for the Dig-T 190 (1.6).

Can't fault the car's performance, and handling, although my wife complains that it is a bit of a hard ride. The 18" wheels probably don't help matters, although in that respect, the Qashqai had 19" wheels, and low profile tyres, but it was a somewhat heavier vehicle.

A bit disappointed that although the Pulsar is a Tekna grade, it is not as high a spec as the Qashqai Tekna, having only LED headlights on dip, no electronic handbrake, dim daylight running lights built into the fog lights, instead of bright LED signature lights, and a small LCD display, although there is plenty of space to fit the same size as used in the Qashqai.

That said, its a nice drive, quite roomy, and the 190 engine is plenty lively, so I think it will grow on me.

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

I can understand why you think the Tekna pulsar is not as high spec, but you've got to bear in mind that it's a different car to the qashqai , and this is why it hasn't got qashqai specs. The pulsar is a new product line and it's got what Nissan saw fit.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

agree about ride but the state of the roads don't help, glad no electronic handbrake never liked them and some cars daytime running lights too bright.
like the oomp when needed from 1.6 engine