Newby help required urgently please!!

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
jessicaswills

Post by jessicaswills »

I bought a Pulsar today, a 65 plate. I'm having difficulty starting it. After much trial and error it seems to reliably start only if my clutch is depressed COMPLETELY to the floor. I stress 'completely' because it's further down than I would normally press it to change gears. I want to check if this is normal before I start ringing the garage and bending their ear. Any advice most welcome please!

keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

Mine also starts by pressing the foot brake......does that work / help you?
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Yes it's the same on mine. Clutch pedal has to be right down before the car will start. As keithbrown53 says, you can also start by pressing the brake pedal, although no mention of that in the handbook.
jessicaswills

Post by jessicaswills »

Phew, thank you both so much for taking the time to reply. I will give the brake a go too, but at least am reassured that this is normal! Many thanks again x
emendozadesigns

Post by emendozadesigns »

Ummmm you better adjust your seat forward if you don't reach the full bottom of the clutch pedal. Or you just have to change your driving habits.

Not pressing fully the clutch pedal is quite bad for the clutch system (as you don't disengage the clutch pads fully, so they are always frictionin in the process) Your clutch would last few years as a result.

Push te clutch pedal to the metal always.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Good advice there, I think the foot on the brake thing is mainly for automatics, the rest of us need to know what are clutch is doing, so foot on clutch to floor for me.
gezt

Post by gezt »

Same with me, clutch to floor, no problems