Spare Tyre Pressure

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

Hi
I am trying to find the correct pressure for the space saver tyre.

Thanks

Dave
Owner of 2016 Azure 1.2 N-Connecta

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

I would imagine that you need to get this pressure the same as the tyres on the car, which averages out at 33. This is what my tyres are set to. If you drive around with a tyre which differs significantly to the others, pressure wise, then you're looking for trouble.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

But a spare is likely to be wildly different to those on the car anyway so pressure wont make much difference in that respect.

When I had to re-inflate mine in the Micra, I set it to what the pressure was on the sticker on the car (around 33psi as mentioned above). It looked and drive as well as it could do. However space savers are always 'get me to help/home' and driving style should change accordingly anyway!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I found this on one web site. "The space saver tyre normally has the recommended tyre pressure marked on the side wall of the tyre itself, Normally the pressure of space savers are around 60psi"
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

....that seems awfully high, that sounds like maximum pressure surely!?
Dave_S

Post by Dave_S »

SplanK wrote:....that seems awfully high, that sounds like maximum pressure surely!?
I would say that you are correct.

I have space saver spare, and it is inflated to the same pressure as advised for the tyres on the vehicle.
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

Hi again

The owner manual refers to the spare tyre and for pressure says refer to the placard on the door pillar. Therefore assume pressure is that of the other tyres. The rim seems to be 16".

Dave
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Spare tyres must be inflated more due to the smaller contact patch with the road. 60PSI isnt uncommon for spare tyres It could be anywhere from 40 to 80 PSI.
I personally would run 55PSI in a space saver spare tyre.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

I've never had a space saver but I expect they'd be more useful than the stupid repair kit they put in.
AFoS99

Post by AFoS99 »

Hi
This should be the definitive answer.
Finally looked at door pillar placard, it states spare tyre pressure 60psi. My advice take a photo while there.

Dave