Brown rust looking spots

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Madjack16

Post by Madjack16 »

I have a pulsar 1.5dci in pearl white its 65 plate and it appears to be getting brown rust like spots all over the car!
It started on the tail gate this was buffed however returned around 4 weeks later and has now spread all over the car. Its gone into nissan who are baffled and said since i dropped it off monday its now over the chrone bumpers and windows? (Wasnt there when i dropped it off). Their saying when you pick it off it just crumbles so they dont think its rust, but havent a clue what it is.
They are even unsure if its a warrently issue?? Has any one had this problem? They are saying to buff it again and check the car daily as its not on the side just the out side. I dont live near trees, theres no works going on near me (orginally said someone had been cutting metal near my car. This hasnt happened) now saying its environmental
I dont know where to go from here as i cant afford a total respray and if its not warrenty am stuck with a car that looks like it has chicken pox!

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

any pictures?
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

I've heard about something like this before. It's possible that someone in your neighbourhood has been using an angle grinder or similar on metal and the sparks which are effectively small red hot metal particles have hit the paintwork and burnt into it. They don't have to have been working been very close as they're easily carried on the wind. From what I remember, they're pretty much impossible to remove without a respray.
Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE
stsirigotis

Post by stsirigotis »

I've just saw this topic and went to my 2 week new pulsar and noticed these spots at the rear left small window. The car is parked in a private garage. Here is a pic https://ibb.co/eAjCRa
Madjack16

Post by Madjack16 »

After less then 2 weeks of being buffed its coming back, its now on the inside. Its going back in for yet another buff and being placed in isolation.
To me looks defo like rust!
Madjack16

Post by Madjack16 »

Sorry it wont attach my pictures
Madjack16

Post by Madjack16 »

stsirigotis wrote: ↑Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:34 am I've just saw this topic and went to my 2 week new pulsar and noticed these spots at the rear left small window. The car is parked in a private garage. Here is a pic https://ibb.co/eAjCRa
It looks similar but mine is all over its on the doors, roof, trims, sides and now coming up on the inside always starts on the tailgate then spreads 😭
Madjack16

Post by Madjack16 »

Alun1957 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:40 pm I've heard about something like this before. It's possible that someone in your neighbourhood has been using an angle grinder or similar on metal and the sparks which are effectively small red hot metal particles have hit the paintwork and burnt into it. They don't have to have been working been very close as they're easily carried on the wind. From what I remember, they're pretty much impossible to remove without a respray.
Where i lived there was nothing, now live in a cul-de-sac and its still happening. They said that at first its going back tuesday again
Madjack16

Post by Madjack16 »

SplanK wrote: ↑Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 pmany pictures?
Sorry it keeps saying invalid when i try attach πŸ€”
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

Madjack16 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:28 pm
Alun1957 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:40 pm I've heard about something like this before. It's possible that someone in your neighbourhood has been using an angle grinder or similar on metal and the sparks which are effectively small red hot metal particles have hit the paintwork and burnt into it. They don't have to have been working been very close as they're easily carried on the wind. From what I remember, they're pretty much impossible to remove without a respray.
Where i lived there was nothing, now live in a cul-de-sac and its still happening. They said that at first its going back tuesday again
Maybe where you're working then?
Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE