Can you make the phone text talk?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Is there any way or an app so that text messages can at least be displayed or spoken when you're connected via Bluetooth? Even my old superglide hands free thing would do that !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta

DLJ66

Post by DLJ66 »

You certainly can and it works well with my old Nokia 1020. You can even speak a reply and the system will send a remarkably accurate text. Although when I bought my Pulsar last November even the salesman didn't know that it did and said he had lost sales because of it. I think it's more to do with the settings on your phone than the car. Overall I find the Bluetooth connectivity very good.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Thanks for the reply. Guess it's time for a phone fiddle about then !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
g7jjf

Post by g7jjf »

I have a Samsung S7 and can't get the text's to talk. If someone has it working, can they please explain how to do it.
DLJ66

Post by DLJ66 »

This worked beautifully with my old Nokia 1020 but having changed phones to a new Nokia 6 I can't make it work either. it would appear that not all phones are compatible with the Nissan system. There is a list of compatible phones hidden on the Nissan website but it is extremely frustrating that, although, I have taken a step forward with my phone I have taken a step backwards with compatibility. I have, after much faffing about got Nissan Connect to work but that doesn't help either. Any ideas would be helpful but I fear I just won't succeed until Nissan upgrade the Bluetooth software.
keithbrown53

Post by keithbrown53 »

I have an app on my Samsung s8 called ReadItToMe. Allows incoming texts to be read out, and replies to be sent as per your speech.

It isn't flawless, but it's better than nothing.
DLJ66

Post by DLJ66 »

Just tried this and to be honest it's pretty basic compared to the way my old phone worked which gave me to option to either read or ignore the message and then to reply, call back or finish. I find it very odd when technology goes backwards like this. Any other thoughts anyone?
DLJ66

Post by DLJ66 »

Just tried this and to be honest it's pretty basic compared to the way my old phone worked which gave me to option to either read or ignore the message and then to reply, call back or finish. I find it very odd when technology goes backwards like this. Any other thoughts anyone?
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

You'd think with all the fancy do-dahs that Nissan seem to take pride in, they'd at least make this work on all phones !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

The reality would seem to be that once the car is sold Nissan have no interest in keeping software up to date.