Battery Recall?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Psychoman67

Post by Psychoman67 »

This weekend, I had the unfortunate experience of breaking down.

Pulled up to pick up my daughter from her friends and then the car wouldn't start.

Click click click and came up with stop-start and system error.

Luckily I was with Nissan's breakdown recovery and said RAC would be with me in 90 mins, it took them 10 minutes LOL

The mechanic said it would be the battery and confirmed it with a diagnostic test. It went, spectacularly.

It gave no warning whatsoever, that it was going to fail.

He said Nissan are aware of the Battery problem and should have replaced it when I took it in for a service in August.

He said the Battery wasn't up to the job ( something to do with the positive terminal bending inside) and he fitted a different one from Nissan and now, all is fine.

If Nissan are aware, why haven't they contacted people about this, so we don't have the inconvenience of breaking down.

Has anyone else had a problem or is having any other problems.

Cheers...Tony

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

because they don't have to do a recall as its not really a safety issue.

They will try and get away with the least number of swaps as possible so they will just deal with the issues as and when they drip in. As soon as they are past the 3 year mark then they are off scott free!

What year is your car? IF its an early one, then there was a known bad batch of Fiamms batteries which affected the J11 Qashqai, so chances are it will have spread to the Pulsar as well.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Battery won't come under a recall, but you can check recalls for any car here - https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled

There's two listed for Pulsar depending how old yours, and any else's is - build dates from May 2014 to May 2016.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Psychoman67

Post by Psychoman67 »

II have a 2015 Pulsar Visia.

The RAC guy put a genuine Nissan Battery.

Whether this will make any difference or last longer, we'll have to see - May be 2 years LOL

Cheers
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

I had exactly the same problem with the Battery failing , rac turned up and replaced the battery at a cost of £206 ! Turns out the same type of battery is used in a lot of top end cars like the Bentley and rolls Royce but of better quality , it seems the batterys are not as well built in the Nissan pulsars as you would expect them to to be , I have raised a complaint about this with Nissan and await their response .....anyone else had similar problems? Steve
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

They are Fiamm batteries... Fiamm are good quality brand!

Its just a bad batch. The Fiamm battery in the Micra is similar type of battery and thats 6 years old now
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

I had one of the bad batch batteries and it was changed for a new Nissan battery. The RAC man said they were a high tech item - don’t know what he meant by that.
SRInspector97

Post by SRInspector97 »

Had my battery replaced 11.04.18 under the 3 year warranty, following two failures during the"Beast from the East". Also, whilst this was being done, had a computer upgrade. Feels like a new car!! Thanks to my garage being on the ball!
mac1061

Post by mac1061 »

I've got a 2016 pulsar tekna and have had 3 flaam batteries replaced by my dealer ( Lookers) the total battery is 4 now but this last one I bought myself and Lookers payed as they were going to put a flaam on again which I refused. So now I think this will be my last Nissan and more fool Nissan as they will loose lots of customers I think they should be made to call back all cars with this fault as you buy cars they should be fit for purpose as so all the components that go with the cars