Complete Electrical failure.

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Chris Bevan

Post by Chris Bevan »

I have a ‘66 Pulsar 1200 and ten weeks ago I went to go out in it but the fob didn’t work. I opened the drivers door with the emergency key and, suspecting a flat battery, fitted a completely new one. The car was still dead…no lights, doors locked, everything dead. I called the AA and the engineer was baffled and arranged a recovery to local dealership. As the steering was locked the car had to be lifted on to the recovery vehicle.
The dealership pronounced a Body Control Module fault and put it on their long list for ‘attention at a later date’
It seems that the module is located in the passenger door frame and they can’t open the passenger door. Repairs will have to be conducted from under the glove box with the engineer lying in the passenger footwell, a very uncomfortable position to work in!
There doesn’t seem to be much chance of getting my car repaired. The dealership have provided me with a courtesy car, for which I am eternally grateful, but every time I call for an update I get fobbed off. They do tell me, however that they have another car there with the same issue.