Creaky drivers seat.

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Has anybody else had a problem with the driver's seat suddenly starting to creak at the slightest movement? It started on mine, very suddenly, a couple o months ago. It's not just the occasional squeak, it's if there is any seat movement be that the driver moving or just the slight weight shift when cornering. It's driving me mad. And before anybody asks, I'm not some man mountain or huge tub of lard :-) I'm the same weight I've been for years and have had the car nearly two years.

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

yep... had the same with the qashqai as well!

I mentioned it at last service but it wasnt sorted. Mine is more of a 'clonk' rather than a squeek. Its as though something is loose and unloading and loading one side or t'other seems to cause it.
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

Mine creaked as I got out the car. I adjusted the seat tilt/height (lever to the right) and it's stopped. Might be worth a try.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Definitely worth a try. Thanks.
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Mine does this too. Thought it was just my fat backside. It's as if I have a can of antifreeze rolling around underneath and the occasional clonk as if it hits metal
Grandprix1

Post by Grandprix1 »

Yes my pulsar started doing it mentioned to garage that some where changes under warranty said they had never heard of it
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I didn't realise that I didn't come back to update on the resolution of the problem. It turned out that the base part of the seat, the part which moves back and forward, up and down had snapped. The whole assembly was replaced under warranty. They did say they had heard of other instances of the same problem.