Nissan Pulsar axed from sale in the UK

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Nissan has removed the Pulsar family hatchback from sale in the UK as production of the car at its Barcelona plant ends.

The Vauxhall Astra and Ford Focus rival is now no longer available to order or configure on Nissan's website, although dealer stock might still remain available in certain showrooms.

The Pulsar has only been on sale since 2014, the same length of time as the second-generation Qashqai, which has recently been facelifted. The current Juke has also outlived the Pulsar despite going on sale way back in 2010.

Just 2100 Pulsars were registered in the UK up until August this year. By comparison, Nissan has registered more than 4500 Leafs since March, despite a base model costing almost twice that of the cheapest Pulsar. Even in the first full year of the Pulsar's life, it struggled to meet expectations; Nissan was aiming to sell 80,000 a year, but only 35,000 found homes in 2014.

HillBill

Post by HillBill »

We drive a UNIQUE beauty.

Pulsar is the perfect city car for tall men: short chassis, awesome interior space and up to 190HP power.

This is my most favourite car, loving her, loving her and loving her!!
--
2017 1.6Dig-T Acenta
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I agree it's basically a damn good car. Yes it has its faults but then don't they all. Nissan/Renault have really missed a trick by failing to market it properly. Resale values will take a hit but as I don't plan to sell mine that's not a problem for me.
Eldaniel1910

Post by Eldaniel1910 »

I just bought mine used :( I wish I read it before .... Does that mean that repair will be very expensive? I was trying to find fuel filter in euro car parts for it and they don't sell it! That might explain why :(
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

think the engines are same as in jukes, so parts possibly same as well
fujikun

Post by fujikun »

basically the pulsar is a Qashqai with a different body, you will get parts no bother engines and gearboxes are from the same family.
Sandancer

Post by Sandancer »

I’m quite glad in a way, I like the rarity aspect. Great looking car as well, I’m thinking of adding a few subtle mods...that’s for another thread though ..