updating radio to a large screen with GPS Camera

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
syneman

Post by syneman »

Hi, I have a 2015 Pulsar with the cheaper basic radio and no camera, gps etc. I see online I can buy a used newer radio (LCD) and a new plate at a good price. I 'm just wondering about how to add the GPS and the rear camera to my car. Any ideas?

HillBill

Post by HillBill »

I'd look around what Chinese offer. They have quite good units in every size. As one of my pals advised: look for units which have very long (even 30-45mins long!) feature demo videos, and which is can-bus compatible (I think Pulsar uses can, please verify this), because the data bus systems can carry a lot of useful info which can be displayed.
I also plan to swap the unit for a modern one - this resolution, design and feature set is ridiculous in 2018, not speaking about the update prices when the warranty ends

I hope you find my rant useful somehow :-)
--
2017 1.6Dig-T Acenta
syneman

Post by syneman »

Thanks.. I will check into this. I'm thinking of something..I'm kind of foreign to all this. I was thinking of getting a Pioneer or big name like this, but yeah the Chinese ones are probably the same (made there?) and cheaper. My Pulsar doesn't have a camera, it's the basic radio. Is there a GPS navigation cable there.?? or would all this have to be installed ? Thanks
cooleb09

Post by cooleb09 »

Hi, I just had the same thing, 2016 AU model puslar new to me with the suckish low-tier radio, just chucked an atoto a6 premium in.

You'll need to bypass the bluetooth module for the steering wheel controls to work, its embeded in the dash just above your accelerator - you need to pull the lower finisher to swap it.

I had to run the camera cable + power from the reverse lights, you can get a camera that sits in the liscence plate light location with cables etc from china for $20

Also with chinese units, not all western dash kits/head units match the din standard exactly, so the aeropro ones don't sit flush with non-western units, about a 1.5cm inset.
syneman

Post by syneman »

That's great news. I am looking at radio options and wondered what will work. What about GPS? Does the camera work with reverse mode or do you just turn it on when needed? I'm not quite understanding what you mean about swapping the bluetooth module? Can you be more specific. Too bad you did not make a video? Love to see photos of the final job. I am wondering to buy a proper Pulsar new faceplate but would that only work with the Nissan Touchscreen radio?

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 21.09.19.png

Finchburger

Post by Finchburger »

https://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/pumpkin-a ... -32gb.html has a CD/DVD player, just remember that not all stereos are the exact same dimensions. I was going to swap my Nissan into my Vauxhall but have decided to keep standard one in the Pulsar but buy the next update on Connects2 maps but put the new one in the Vivaro.
Good luck.
2014 1.2 Dig-t Tekna
Steelmate reverse sensors
LED full beams
syneman

Post by syneman »

Thanks..I assume that the existing cables will hook up easily and fit into the plastic case (above photo)> Thanks :)