Stop/Start functionality

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Interesting comment about engine starting immediatly steering wheel is moved. When Stop/Start kicks in on mine the steering lock activates and I can't move the steering wheel. Any pressure on clutch or foot brake does restart the engine.
The problem I find is if I am first car in the queue at lights it's very easy to stall the car if I try to pull away as I have done in all previous cars. It is necessary to allow a couple of seconds for the engine to full reactivate before pulling away. Irritating as hell to start with until you work out what is happening.

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

My stop start is behaving better at the moment — what have I done to deserve this !!
Izzy Cooper

Post by Izzy Cooper »

Mine always works after 5 minutes or so. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones :)
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

The stop/start feature activates within certain conditions, engine needs to have warmed up ( so does not activate whilst engine is cold ), will not always activate when under heavy electrical load ( aircon on, heated seats rear window/wing mirrors demist on and so on ).
It seem a bit hit and miss but I think the technology is possibly not able to match our expectations of how it should work.
I tend to turn it off during busy traffic, cant be bothered with it constantly on/off/on/off.
I leave it on when in quiet traffic conditions, that way I don't get bugged by it when it activates infrequently.
Scrooge

Post by Scrooge »

My stop/start function stopped working all together on my six month old vehicle. I contacted my nearest Nissan dealer who did some diagnostics and concluded that the vehicle needed a new battery, one was duly fitted under warranty, no problem since.