Newbie...not to Nissan but to Pulsars!

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Lennierb

Post by Lennierb »

Hi, just found this forum! I have a Nissan Juke Accenta Premium 64 1.2dig-t. Before that a 12 plate 1.6 Note Accenta Premium...my contract is up and I'm looking to change to the Pulsar....any year I should avoid or engine? Petrol or diesel model? I'd like the N-Connecta model or best year and model to have? Tia 🙂

fujikun

Post by fujikun »

hi and welcome to the forum, to answer your question, there have been a lot of problems on here with the 1.2 petrol engine, but I reckon that's in all Nissan models, most should be sorted out under warranty claims so if going for one of these check the history , ask questions and get a guarantee from the garage. I myself have the diesel model and have had no problems at all with it. I don't have experience of the 1.6 digt engine but cant think of any problems been mentioned on here.
good luck with the car its very underated and youll get a lot of pleasure with whatever model you go for.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I have a 1.2 petrol, 66 plate and had no engine problems with that. I think most of the issues were with earlier models from what I've read.

I assume you realise it is no longer in production. Hopefully that will help to push the second hand price down for you.
Lennierb

Post by Lennierb »

I did know it was stopping which I think is a shame. I'm test driving a 1.2 and my local garage have a 1.6 I'm going to try as well. 67 and 17 plate respectively . L
Lennierb

Post by Lennierb »

Do you think they'll make things harder for Diesel car owners? They have a 1.5 I like but the fuel issue concerns me.
Sandancer

Post by Sandancer »

Hi, saw your post office on the Facebook page, not sure that’s still monitored ... anyhow, I had a 2015 1.2. Had it 2 years no problems at all. I’ve now got the 2016 1.6 dig petroleum, only had it a few months, bought it used, it’s got 19k on the clock and so far so good. It’s a much nice drive than my 1.2. Even though it’s the model below, I.e no leather seats etc.
Lennierb

Post by Lennierb »

I wasn't sure if the fb page was being used. I test drive the 1.2 loved it! Just trying to negotiate the price with the dealer as it's a 67 up for £12000. I found it a better drive than my 64 1.2 juke tbh. Not sure I need the extra power with a 1.6. L
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I'd certainly say that price is high. I paid just over £13k for my 66 plate when it was brand new.
Julie1c

Post by Julie1c »

Hello,I’m new to forums & Pulsar but not Nissan 😊 on Saturday I will be collecting my Pulsar 2017 1.5cdi N-Tec with only 1500 miles on the clock so it’s like new. I’ll be going back to fuel after 366 of owning my 65 plate Leaf. I love the Leaf but I have range anxiety & now feel for peace of mind, also to have the freedom to fill the tank & take off I need a fuel efficient car. I have previously owned a Nissan Qashqai & loved everything about that too. I think I now have the perfect combination of the Leaf in size with the Qashqai spec.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Welcome to our little group. Interesting to see somebody moving away from pure electric cars. My concern about them is the precise reasons you have moved back to fossil fuel. I'd worry about range and I also like to be able to fill up in a matter of minutes and then have the ability to travel several hundred miles before having to stop again for 5 minutes.
Until and unless electric fuel cells can provide the same level of convenience I wouldn't even think about going electric.