Things to look out for

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ollyja

Post by Ollyja »

Hi all I am picking up my pulsar on Friday it's a 66 plate 1.5 diesel n-tec it's only done 12,000 miles is there anything to keep a eye out for or any tips thanks

stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Bought it 3 years a go at around the same km/mile as yours.
Changed oil and all filters every 30k km.
Changed the front Conti tyres at 35k.
If you see the brake oil is at near minimum level, change the brake pads, surely the front one. Changed mine at around 55k km.
Changed all the glow plugs at around 90k km, one of them died on winter and throw a faulty start/stop and egr sensor.
Changed the battery as well after that, got a great price for a varta AGM. Old battery doesn't hold longer when start/stop functioning on the red light. Engine has to restart after few seconds.
Sat/nav is not the best one, it needs to be restarted by long pressing the on/off button. Usually it's because the bluetooth.
Rain sensing wiper has its own mind sometimes, can be reset by pushing the windshield water let it wipe then turn off. If the sensing are not fast enough, set it to fast then set back to the previous position few times when you feel there are enough rain on the windshield and the wiper not moving.
The glove box light only turns on when your small and/or headlights is on, because nissan thought it's always bright inside the glove box in the day :D
Few rattles on the panel in the middle, solve it by adding some elastics padding behind it.

Been driving it for about 100k km now, nothing so concerning, still a smooth car.
Ollyja

Post by Ollyja »

Ah thanks it seemed a smooth drive when I test drove it what mpg are you getting out of yours as that's the main reason I brought it
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Dashboard says around 4.5l per 100km. In British mpg according to converter is around 62 mpg but can be less in the winter and if you do lots of city.
i think it's a quite an economic car
Ollyja

Post by Ollyja »

Ah that's better than my current astra which I'm getting 50mpg, well fingers crossed there's nothing wrong with it on Friday, thanks