Car stealing

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
gezt

Post by gezt »

How do you guys protect your car from being nicked, with the thing that thieves use to nick your fob sender code using a bit of kit ,do you
Use a faraday type pouch
Hide the keys somewhere
Remove battery
Other
Just tested wrapping keyfob in kitchen foil and cannot unlock car from house.
Try it and post results ,where and how close you were

kt53

Post by kt53 »

I don't do anything. Although any car with keyless entry is vulnerable, I don't think the Pulsar is high on the list of desirable cars. If I was worried I'd just use the steering lock which I put on if I have to de-ice in the mornings.
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Farady pouch - a quid from The Bay of E - and it works.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

Agree with the Faraday pouch, funnily enough they demonstrated them on TV this morning.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

kt53 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 am I don't do anything. Although any car with keyless entry is vulnerable, I don't think the Pulsar is high on the list of desirable cars. If I was worried I'd just use the steering lock which I put on if I have to de-ice in the mornings.
I beg too differ. There was a recent spate of cars around my way with remote key fobs being broken into not to steal the car, but to have it ransacked of its contents. Just because they are not that desirable compared to say a Focus RS, Megan RS, Range Rover, Audi, BMW...… doesn't make it any less desirable to the opportunist thief. Although, it maybe a traveling gang as the reports seem to have lessened recently.

I used to keep mine about a meter away from the front door. Now I just keep them further in the house where its less likely they will be picked up by one of these devices... however in an easy to see place if somebody broke in and REALLY wanted the car.

No real need to go mental with faraday cages or keeping them in a microwave, just be sensible about it!
CLUNK

Post by CLUNK »

kt53 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 am I don't do anything. Although any car with keyless entry is vulnerable, I don't think the Pulsar is high on the list of desirable cars. If I was worried I'd just use the steering lock which I put on if I have to de-ice in the mornings.
I just hope you don't leave your fob too close to the door!
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Fob is normally in my pocket, and we sleep at the back of the house.
Rsgc90

Post by Rsgc90 »

If someone steals a pulsar they probably don't know much about cars....I agree it is not high on the desired list of cars to steal.
syneman

Post by syneman »

It’s actually one nice reason I like having this car. I don’t have to worry about car theft. It’s a good car, maybe not the best, but functional and looks nice too. If I had VW Polo / Golf or a Honda Civic it maybe would be an issue.
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

I have just bought faraday pouch for my keys(just in case) and wondered if i should always keep keys in it or only when parked up on the driveway?