Stock radio questions

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
MarcinJ

Post by MarcinJ »

I have some concerns about the stock head unit as well as upgrading to a higher one.
Right now I have the most basic version, since manual AC version doesn't have the touch screen one.

I'm about to upgrade to a 2DIN full touchscreen radio, but before I'd like to know some facts.

First - does the stock radio have any code that needs to be given after power loss. Like when I replace the battery or simply disconnect the radio to do some measuring before fitting the 2DIN?

For those who upgraded their radios for aftermarket ones - do I need any kind of interface between steering wheel and the radio to keep the controls from the steering wheel working?

I found something like this so I guess I'll be needing it together with a radio?

http://www.connects2downloads.co.uk/C2/files/InstallationGuides/CTSNS011.2.pdf

kt53

Post by kt53 »

When I purchased mine I was told there is no radio code.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Hey There.

I have done a full custom audio build in my Pulsar.

The factory radio does not have a code, as it uses canbus it is coded to the car.

That steering wheel control adapter is the one you want, its the one I am using.

You will need an aerial adapter as well: https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects2-ct27aa75-nissan-all-models-2007-din-aerial-antenna-adaptor.html
MarcinJ

Post by MarcinJ »

The OEM radio doesn't have a code indeed. I've removed it and when plugged in again it started without any problems.
I need this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTSNS009-2-Steering-Wheel-Stalk-Control-Adaptor-for-Nissan-Pulsar-2014/372395211390 since my car is Visia version (no 2DIN navi) to get my controls working.
I got myself a GMS / AMC radio with Nissan harness but without the steering wheel adaptor. I had to handmade the radio panel since Visia is not prepared for a 2DIN radio at all, but it works.
All I need now is getting the controls from the steering wheel to work (already working on it) and probably switch the power supply so it runs without the ignition key (right now I need to have my ignition on the ON position to keep the radio running).

During installation:

20190828_205202.jpg

20190828_193007.jpg

And I'll make a small DYI of the whole process for people interested.
Deecee86

Post by Deecee86 »

I also have a question regarding installing an after market radio in a Nissan Pulsar.

I have a Nissan Pulsar DiG-t 2015 with built in infotainment system.

I want to add Carplay to my car so i need to install an aftermarket radio.

Is it possible to use the existing DAB+ antenna which is already present in the car and connect it to an aftwr market Radio?

Also is this possible for the alreqdy built in mic. Can this also be connected to an aftermarket radio?
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If you use Facebook there is a much more active group there. Most of those who were active here have moved to that group. Nissan Pulsar C13 Owners Club.