Excessive oil use

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Since my last major service (Dec 20180) I have had to regularly top up my car a 65 plate Pulsar 1.2 Tekna with oil, and over the year I have used about 4 litres, being elderly I have only done 4000 miles mainly around town even so this to me seems very excessive, with my previous car a Primera I never had to top up between services even after 12 years. I seem to recall I have read on this forum that there is a problem on some Pulsars engines with excessive oil consumption can someone confirm this ? When it was in for its service last year I asked if there had been any recalls or updates they said no. As the car is due for its annual service next month would it be worth mentioning the fact to the main dealer when I take it in, I am not holding my breath that anything will be forthcoming though.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

You are correct that there have been issues with excessive oil consumption. If there wasn't a problem with oil consumption during the warranty period you may have problems getting Nissan to accept that the problem was there then but they missed it.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Have a look around on here, there is a large thread regarding the issue.

It is 100% worth mentioning. Whilst there is no official recall, there is a Nissan technical note which give guidance to dealers on the issue and what to check. This in my mind confirms a manuf defect.

in my opinion its irrelevant that the car is outside of warranty as there is plenty of evidence to support your claim of manufacture defect which you can claim up to 6 years for under sales of good act (or it modern equivalent).