Tyre inflatation

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
aleighson

Post by aleighson »

Hi

I'm not having luck with getting my tyres to the right pressure via the paying stations, so wondered if I could use the 'repair kit inflator'? I plan to inflate the tyres first thing in the morning - I did buy a pump from a well known car shop but it released air whilst screwing the cap on! It's going back today.

Thanks all

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Its virtually impossible to not release some air when screwing on a tyre pump, the amount lost is insignificant unless you struggle to connect it.
When you say struggling to get to right pressure , how are you checking the pressure.
Is it using a tyre pressure gauge or another form.
Silversurfer21

Post by Silversurfer21 »

I over inflate by 1 or 2 psi at the service station and then use an accurate digital tyre pressure gauge to release air down to the correct pressures. Easy to do and readout on dash agrees with my gauge every time.
1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

Silversurfer21 wrote:I over inflate by 1 or 2 psi at the service station and then use an accurate digital tyre pressure gauge to release air down to the correct pressures. Easy to do and readout on dash agrees with my gauge every time.
I second this method! Works every time!
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

I use an air compressor plug in to car, set required pressure + 2 lbs on it then start it off, automatic cut off once pressure reached.