Stop /Start System fault

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
simpsontuny

Post by simpsontuny »

Hi All

Can so one please help me with advise

I have a 2015 Nissan Pulsar

The error message Stop/ Start auto System fault suddenly appeared on my dashboard when i was driving

I took it into a garage and had the battery replaced but I'm still getting this error message. The engine icon ( yellow) is on and I have noticed that the car shudders when I drove it to get the battery replaced

is there a fix for it and what would it be

thank you in anticipation for a response :)

Chris83

Post by Chris83 »

I’m sure the fault here could be a rear oxygen sensor, I’m sure there was a previous recall for this on certain years, but start stop also relies on many other factors like temperature, tyre pressures etc, the car needs to have no faults on dash including not being low on fuel, so check those and if there all ok look into that troublesome rear oxygen sensor. Hope that helps.
Chris83

Post by Chris83 »

Oh and for the shuddering in acceleration I reccomend buying redex additive once per month when you fuel up fully, I had this often when I first had my pulsar but redex always does the trick! Again hope that helps.
Chris83

Post by Chris83 »

Also tyre treads are really important here, if you have one close to being worn out then that can cause the issue too.