Key System Fault/ No engine start

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
LRubie

Post by LRubie »

Hi all, went to use the my 2016 Keyless start Pulsar 1.5dci tekna this morning and it would not start. Stating “Key System Fault”. The car unlocks and locks as normal, stereo works fine. Push the start button and nothing happens other than a picture of a steering wheel with arrows and the push button picture displayed. Tried disconnecting battery on car and changed key fob batterty. RAC tried a new battery to no avail. Currently with Nissan now to run diagnostics test but wanted to get a heads up on likely issue

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0270.jpeg

kt53

Post by kt53 »

Whenever I've had that problem, sitting the fob on the Start/Stop button when pressing it sorts it.
A_Mouse

Post by A_Mouse »

First thing I noticed when mi e played up was, a cheap battery, they just don't seem to provide what's needed, I use duracell batteries now, and they last 3-4 years with no issues :shock:
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I need to correct my previous comment. Up until the past few days that comment had been true. A few days ago I had the display shown in the 2nd image and placing the fob on the Start button didn't work. Opening and closing the driver's door fixed it and I had the normal 'clutch' display.