Sat Nav Map Update - Nissan taking the ****

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
gezt

Post by gezt »

Copies so wont work, they are incrypted so they won't copy, just tried to do it, failed, i am in a forum that can do "carimat" which is what we have, best other option is that Russian guy on eBay, seems a good source but let stick with Nissan and push for a free update

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

That's reassuring to know, thanks gezt.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I had a call from Nissan Customer Service last Friday (31st March) but was away from home for the week so couldn't post the update. The lady said the update should be out within the next couple of weeks and I got the impression it would be coming straight to me. I didn't ask too many questions because I don't like talking on the phone, even hands free, when travelling.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Received another update from Nissan Customer Services today. New SD cards now expected late April / early May. Watch this space!
Particulate Driver

Thanks, is that for servicing or just sent to people?
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I got the impression the card would be sent directly to me.
Particulate Driver

That's good then
stuart

Post by stuart »

After reading your reply from Nissan I requested new updated card through Nissan customer service.
I am under the impression that a Nissan Pulsar late December 2014 does not fall into the 3 year map updates
or is it me that can't count. (8 months to run)
It also has just had its 2 year service, so will be out of warranty by the next one.
If anyone else has any news please post it.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Reply from Nissan,
Can someone explain this, I was under the impression reading previous reply from Nissan posted, it was Pulsars under 3 years old still in warranty.

Thank you for your response to Nissan Customer Services regarding Map updates.

In regards to your register question I was reading through the forum feed you had sent me, one of the comments advised if they needed to register with Nissan in order to receive a free update.

Therefore I was clarifying there is nothing you need to register for, as this is a vehicle specific offer, please note the offer has not started as of yet .Any of our Nissan customers can contact us directly if they require any further information.

Thank you for your time.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I don't know how the update affects other people. All I can say is that I contacted Nissan Customer Service who told me that I would get free updates during the warranty period and have recently been contacted by phone and e-mail to advise the update should be available shortly.