Hello!

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Hi all,
I am Steve and I find myself wondering over from the QQ Forums where I have been lurking for the last 3 years along with my 1.2 DIG-T Qashqai, as well as being moderator.

My ride with the Qashqai is coming to an end, I wont bore you with details, but it has been a bit of a lemon and a curse since day 1 including an engine replacement due to oil loss. I am just awaiting a response from my dealer to see how we are going to deal with it moving forward, but I have already decided one way or another, the QQ is going and being replaced with a Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T (I did try and persuade the wife to let me go for a 370z, but then she pointed out it wasn't practical and having 2 kids.... meh!). Aiming for new but looks like there could be a bit of a supply issue so will have to see how it pans out over the next few days.

My other car is a Micra 1.2 DIG-S. It's mostly my Mrs, however I find it fun drive and can't help myself hoofing it around winding up the supercharger!

My history with Nissan motors is quite extensive,

K11 Micra 1.0 (Crashed into the side of a taxi that jumped a red light)
K11 Micra 1.0
P11 Primera 1.6 (mildly modified, ended up snapping a drive shaft, got fed up so got rid and replaced it with....)
P11 Primera 2.0 SRi with GT engine mods (around 170hp), touring car styling and fully stripped out
S14a 200sx Touring with Stage 1 engine mods (around 260/270hp)
... then I got all sensible, bought a house....
N15 Almera 1.4 (great little work horse, never let me down until it rusted through on the inner rear quarter)
K11 Micra
N16 Almera 1.5

Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

I've had sunny's, micras, and almeras, and I'm finding the Pulsar is pretty much what I've come to expect from Nissan: reliable and good value.
Deleted User 667

Well by the end of the week I will be a Pulsar 1.6 DIG-T owner! Its a pre-owned car on a 66 plate N-Tec (trying to find a Techna 1.6 DIG-T was like finding a needle in a haystack!), but very low mileage (500 miles so not even run in yet).

Engine feels very nippy, as well as a decent amount of power even from low down. My older 1.2 DIG-T in the QQ struggled in a few situations, however the 1.6DIG-T wasn't even phased! Inside seems to offer more space compared to the Qashqai, especially for rear passengers.

Going to be a little giddy this week now, whilst playing fuel light bingo with my Qashqai!
Particulate Driver

It makes you wonder why somebody gets rid of a car with 500 miles on the clock, was it ex-demo?
Deleted User 667

It was. Dealer owned
danielk

Post by danielk »

I would love to see some interior pics of the 1.6 compared to my 1.5 diesel
Unfoturfully i couldnt head down the route of a petrol car this time around

Well wear with the car
Particulate Driver

No-one will be buying diesels now they've been outlawed - our cars won't be worth buttons in the future.
Deleted User 667

Just got back from doing the deal. Over the moon with it Engine has a very nice power delivery and whilst the ride is firm, its perfect for my 'boy racer' side :lol:

19221597_10155376190817442_5950391868381373054_o.jpg

nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Nice car buddy. Same colour as my 1.2 Tekna ( and wheels). I just think the black suits the privacy rear windows better, but each to their own as they say...
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Particulate Driver

Nice looking car.