Hello my Friend

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
mylopotamos

Post by mylopotamos »

I

mylopotamos

Post by mylopotamos »

I have an old Nissan Almera 1998 and now I am thinking to buy Nissan Pulsar. But I am confused... Diesel or Gas? I am asking this because in Europe (Greece), diesel cars won't be accepted after 2025
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Wow, I scrapped my '98 Almera around 6-7 years ago after I found bad rust on the rear set belt mounts! You have done well!

Personaly, I would not go with derv. Various goverments are now on a war path with diesel engine cars and its only a matter of time before costs start creaping in and getting banned (infact, London will introduce a charge from Monday I belive) for any car which has older type engines, and hasnt France banned some from Paris. Others will be taking interest, and by the sounds of it you already know your local future restrictions....

IMHO, buying a diesel now is a bit of a gamble! I would be either considering petrol, or even electric/hybrid
mylopotamos

Post by mylopotamos »

what is the consumption of gas car????
kt53

Post by kt53 »

With the 1.2 petrol I get about 40 mpg around town and 50 mpg on longer runs.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

Depends what engine you go for.

My eperiance:
1.6 DIG-T as fitted in the Pulsar. between 35mpg to 40mpg urban (dependant upon my right foot!) but im quite suprised at the return from a larger, more powerfull engine. Motorway driving I have got into the 50mpg range but that was on a 350 mile round trip and using the speed limit function to hold my speed at 70mph

I also have experiance with the 1.2 DIG-T engine however that was fitted to the Qashqai. I as getting at best 33-5ish urban with similar driving