Minor Niggles With my Pulsar

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Stop/Start activation seems to be pretty random anyway. I take my wife to work each morning, always using the same route, and the point at which the Stop/Start kicks in varies greatly. I've had days where it has not kicked in at all, and others where it's kicked in within a few hundred yards of home. The randomness doesn't seem to be weather, or engine temperature, related.
I'm going to do what has been suggested in an earlier post and hit the button to deactivate the system as I simply don't trust it to work properly.

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

I tend to deactivate it, but if stuck at level crossing re activate because I know it will be couple mins before traffic moves again.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

Metalmickey wrote:I tend to deactivate it, but if stuck at level crossing re activate because I know it will be couple mins before traffic moves again.
Even if I'm stationary, with handbrake on, the engine kicks back in after maybe 30 or 40 seconds anyway. I deactivated it today for the first time and funnily enough I'm not having any problems pulling away. Coincidence???
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

possibly, see how it goes over time.