sleeper

Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
DigT190

Post by DigT190 »

No pictures yet but I thought this would be the best place to start a Build Progress page.

As the car is brand new everything will be done to the highest quality possible to preserve the quality of work put in by Nissan.

So far all I have done is ordered some Clear indicator bulbs for the front and some wind deflectors (Don't hate, I do a lot of motorway miles and I am also a smoker so they aid in protecting the interior).

I realised that there is fork all aftermarket parts on the Internet so I will just have to wait for the release of parts.

That's all for now.

pulsarki

Post by pulsarki »

As it stands at the moment i have found some lowering springs by H&R and Eibach
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... -dig-t-113
And some styling bits also
http://www.ledltuning.com/index.php?opt ... 72&lang=en

This is my lot so far. I am tempted by the styling bits mind....

Ki

p.s. where did you get your clear bulbs from?
DigT190

Post by DigT190 »

Hello mate, got my clear bulbs from eBay, they do work ok but at first I was skeptical. This is the item number- 400767779279. That is the same lip kit I saw on the bay. I do like the look but I'm just unsure how to fit them without causing permanent damage and then I had to have a long think over how to prep and paint or wrap them as they don't come primed and Poly kits are a pain to prep and fit.

Anyway minor bits and pieces done!

Fitted my wind deflectors, stubby aerial and clear front indicators as seen in the pictures

I had to modify the aerial with the Dremmel as the thread was abit too long but this wasn't more than a 5 minute job and I think it tidies it up nicely. The deflectors I think cover up some of the rather large side windows yet don't detract from your field of vision much which is useful, even around the A pillars.

I had a look at the simple job of replacing the rear indicators but unfortunately no joy as even though the manual states that I just have to remove the 2 10mm bolts for the units they don't seem to want to come out, I called Nissan and they said I would get a call back but haven't heard nuttin yet! Bugger.

I won't keep apologising for the pictures as I'm not a photographer and I'm using my IPad but sorry all!
pulsarki

Post by pulsarki »

Hi Mate,

Bulbs look good. I work for Nissan so can always get someone to do the job for me in exchange for a quick beer :) Will be ordering some clear front and rear bulbs at some point shortly.

The kits i would say are pretty permanent, bolted on, so it is a big decision but i do like the look of them and will probably partake when i can convince the mrs!!

I will upload some pitures of mine soon, show the old girl off. (she is 4 moths old already with 3.5k on her.
Calverz

Post by Calverz »

Very Nice!

I am expecting to get my Pulsar this week. Now I'm getting an Acenta model but I really want to change out the factory stereo and put in a double din pioneer carplay touchscreen nav system.

I had a look and I would need to order a new facia, similar to the one used in the N-tec and Tekna models. Does anyone know how much nissan woudl charge for this?

I had a look online and found nothing :(
pulsarki

Post by pulsarki »

Hi Calverz,

Just to give you a heads up, its not a standard double din unit size. A guy i work with has an acenta and looked into it. A new facia to allow a 'Connect' unit is about £168+vat but the gap isn't standard twin-din size so no can do apparently.

Ki
Calverz

Post by Calverz »

Devestated. Is the gap too small or too large? Really dont want a connect unit to be honest.
DigT190

Post by DigT190 »

Calverz- a word of warning, any and almost all nissans now have very 'involved' head units and because of this unlike most other cars fitting a double din or even a single din that isn't from Nissans range causes a lot of problems and can end up costing a fair amount. If you don't have the connect head unit I'd suggest maybe one of them. I Had quotes from various audio companies and some even turned me down as the work was too much for them to work around, others suggested that the price for an aftermarket double din fitted to work with things like your cameras etc would cost into the hundreds, excluding the head unit itself.

pulsarski-
Can you find out or tell me how the F to remove the rear light units to change the indicator bulbs as they DO NOT pull out after in doing the 2 bolts... Thanks!
pulsarki

Post by pulsarki »

Calverz - I am told the gap is too big and it doesnt stop there. Apparently wiring etc is also a nightmare for aerial etc. Sorry pal.

DigT190 - I will find out. Working in a dealer certainly makes info like this easier to obtain.

Ki
Calverz

Post by Calverz »

Yea i spoke to the parts manager. He said they dont do a facia that would fit a double din stereo so im screwed. Only option i have is to upgrade to a connect which for the cost involved would no way be worth it. I'll stick with the stock stereo and get my windows tinted.