White C13 pulsar DCi Tekna

Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

Traded in our juke for a new 64 plate pulsar as I love how they look :) we had a bit of back and fourth with Gordon lamb Nissan and came to a good price it had 6500 miles on it when we picked it up.

it came with some optional extras including black alloy wheels pulsar door trim kick plates and chrome mirror caps (not sure on them myself)

anyway some pics :-

first weekend back I wanted to get under its skin and give it some protection so I ripped off the wheels and added some seam sealer and stone chip after a good jet wash. i'm a abit disappointed they use felt rear arch liners as I think they are a terrible design and just trap water!

next job was to trial fit the 18" rota grids we had on the juke they are a bit of an aggressive offset but luckily with a tyre change should just squeeze! also think they will be refinished black..

currently returning 56mpg and is great to drive its weird getting used to all the toys flashing and telling me what is going on..

needs a good clean and wax when I have a spare few hours and see what goodies become available :)

RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

Did a quick service on the pulsar today the service interval is supposed to be 18K miles but we plan on having this car a while so I want it kept well. As the car is so new I didn't want to use blueprint parts but having rang my local Nissan dealer it turns out the genuine stuff is really not that badly priced.

So I picked up a minor service kit.

interestingly the air filter has been used by Nissan on allot of larger engine cars in the past, but it does mean a nice selection of aftermarket ones could be available for those who are so inclined.

trying to find the correct low SAPS oil was abit of a mine field but the correct oil direct from Nissan was £4 cheaper than some I found online and didn't need shipping!

of course the filter is Renault being as the engine is Renault derived :)

old vs new filter

amazing how much crud you pick up in only 10Kmiles

job done for another 10k.
Calverz

Post by Calverz »

Here Mate, how much would you give me those 18" black alloys +tyres? Nice work btw!
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

Thanks :) sadly the OEM wheels will be used for winter tyres. we have been running winter tyres on our main car for the last 3 or 4 years and wouldn't be without them.
pulsarki

Post by pulsarki »

Looking good. Got a head start on my one :)
DigT190

Post by DigT190 »

Did your oems have the tyre pressure sensors? I didn't even know mine had them until I had a fanny with the steering wheel buttons. Another expense to deal with! Unless I decide not to swap the sensors.
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

yes is a tekna so it has TPM sensors you can get them from ebay and a few other places not too much of a hassle they are universal deals work on a certain frequency the dash picks them up once you start moving...
Bleubolt

Post by Bleubolt »

all new cars after nov 2014, have to have tpms (and its an mot fail if the sensor light is on), did you have to get the computer reset to recognise the new/replacement sensors, ive been googling this for a few days as I have some new rims coming, and unsure to take the sensors from original wheels or buy new sensors, google searching says you need to get the ecu to recognise the new sensors as the car can only store 4-5 wheel sensors so it needs to be deleted and reprogrammed with new sensor codes (each one has unique id's)

P.S. what size tyres are on the black wheels are they 205 or 215
RaceworX

Post by RaceworX »

these will work without needing coding :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-V ... SwNSxVdxUX

tyre size is 235/45/18
Ronnieronson

Post by Ronnieronson »

What's the latest on this then Mr RaceworX?

(love the wheels by the way!)