Hector the Tekna

Post pictures of your Nissan Pulsar here
Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

MixSuper Splitter;
mixsuper box.jpg
mixsuper red.jpg
For a universal splitter, these things are pretty good quality.
Unfortunately the red piping strip didn't like being scuffed gently against a kerb - and the scuff was driving me nuts, so the red had to come off after a couple of days.

At some point i'm planning to speak to someone like Triple R Composites https://www.triplercomposites.com about making up a custom splitter for me ;)

Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

I went quite some time without doing anything else to the car, as a huge list of faults started developing with the car (happy to say they have now all finally been taken care of after much patience and bullying on my part to get them to accept responsibility and get the jobs done under warranty).

Anyhow, I decided it was time for some alloys.

I'd been photoshopping various different styles of wheel on to the car for months, and finally found a set I liked.
They weren't available in the fitment I wanted - but luckily Bola will custom machine wheels to your requirements free of charge!

Bola B10 - 18x8 et 42 in gunmetal satin grey, with silver centre caps (usually supplied with black centres);
bola b10s.jpg
bolas on.jpg
front wheels.jpg
rear wheels.jpg
Front fitment
front fitment.jpg
Rear fitment
rear fitment.jpg
Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

DISASTER!!!!

I ended up ordering the wrong size tyres with the wheels, and due to the side wall being too shallow I caught the lip of one of them on a drain grate down my driveway, which caused a nasty scratch!
scuff.jpg
This presented two problems for me -
1> I now needed to buy yet another set of tyres
2> I needed a touch up stick - and as these wheels are powder coated, Bola don't have a paint code or any touch up sticks for minor patch up jobs :(

Luckily, E-Tech do a wonderful touch up stick which builds the paint layer up and darkens with each coat.
Three coats later, and the scuff is only visible when you get up close and personal with the wheel;
etech paint.jpg
touched up.jpg
Last edited by Slimothy on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

I have been suffering with my back for a little while now, due to being diagnosed with Sciatica and a form of arthritis.

I decided to pop to our local coach works, to see if there was anything the old school craftsmen there could do to help me out.
coachtrimmers.jpg
They suggested raising the rear part of the base, so that my hips sit more level with my knees - apparently this is becoming quite a common problem on newer cars!

They removed the old seat base, and fitted a Corbeau Proseat 4 racing seat base, and modified it to fit properly
new base.jpg
Once done, the seat was re-fitted with the heater element and the leather trim put back on
seat recovered.jpg
Last edited by Slimothy on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

eyes shade.jpg
Ready for summer
Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

Nissan wind deflectors;
deflectors on.jpg
deflectors.jpg
They're not going to be to everyone's tastes, but they really help with the buffering and as a side benefit stop rain dripping in off the roof line when it's been raining heavily.
Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

Decided it was time to re-think the induction kit.

After doing some research on the battery tray and airbox, I discovered that the part numbers were the same as those fitted to the Jukes with the same engine (the reason these parts are relevant, is that the metal heat shield that k&n supply, fixes in where the factory airbox would normally live - I needed to make sure the fitting lugs would line up, while maintaining clearance for the filter from the fuse/relay box).
This meant that it would be almost certain that the K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake kit would fit quite well.

At £350 for the kit, it was rather a big gamble, but I'm happy to say it paid off big time!
kandn typhoon.JPG
kandn installed.JPG
The performance increase is noticeable, the engine picks up the revs much quicker, and the torque seems to come in slightly later - which is good, since on the factory intake and on the Injen kit, the car had a tendency to wheel spin in first and second if you weren't careful.

The intake noise is louder with this kit, and the turbo chatter much more noticeable :D

I doubt anyone would be interested, but if anyone wants my Injen kit for £100 + p&p, drop me a PM
Last edited by Slimothy on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

Exhaust!

Decided to get a back box delete done at a local custom exhaust place.
I supplied them with a stainless 2 bolt flange, so that I could keep the original centre section and it's fixings - meaning I can swap the box back to stock should I need or want to.
The tip is 3.5" outward rolled.
powerflow.JPG
Unfortunately, the exhaust is now super loud - which is generally fine (i'm used to loud cars), but it's mega boomy on downshifts and overrun.
So it's back to the exhaust shop later this week to have a small silencer fitted into the straight pipe to hopefully reduce some of the boom and drone.
Slimothy

Post by Slimothy »

Eagle eyed readers might have noticed in that exhaust picture, a little red Nismo-esque stripe running around the top edge of the rear diffuser?

I used 3mm pin striping tape to do this - however this is going to come off and I am going to re-do it using 6mm reflective pin striping tape, as the 3mm isn't obvious enough from a distance, and the reflective tape is a more Nismo looking colour tone (plus its reflective which should look pretty cool at night :D )
stripes.jpg
stripe application.jpg
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

RE exhaust being boomy..... the standard exhaust at low RPM is quite boomy as it is! I feel for my neighbours when I start the car up if I am in work at daft o'clock when the car is under my car port (2 brick walls with essentially a roof of the house over the top... its ood but awesome. I have plans to fit a roller garage door front to essentially turn it into a garage). I think there is something about the design of the MR16DDT engine that encourages a deeper overall engine note.

Re air filter....Would be interested to see some dyno runs with the air filter setup. I am a firm believer that replacement air filters do not make much, if any difference to performance on standard tune setups, and only really start to show once you go well beyond the original design limits. MightyCarMods did an interesting, not very scientific but still informative video on this.

However, I do love the noise the MR16DDT makes without any sound deadening on the air intake. I recently removed the cold air intake part of the standard airbox (for giggles, its now back on as I was getting too giddy with my right foot!) off the car recently and this engine produces an awesome induction note!

I may have to 'borrow' the style strip off you! Looks quite good, and could really stand out on a black car! I have to be carful what I do with mine from a "WAF" (Wife Acceptance Factor), and that I have agreed with Nissan a 2 year extended warranty because of the problems I had with the QQ.

And do you have the model of the horn at all to hand? The horn on the Micra now sounds like a dying duck and needs to be replaced but wanted something a little better than a f**t in a tin can!