LED vs foglight DRL change

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Cuba Libre

Post by Cuba Libre »

Hi from Czech Republic,

Bulb in FOG/DRL combination lamp: fog = H11, DRL = PS19W (I hope, maybe PS24W) http://xtremelights.co.uk/philips-hyper ... w-12v.html

I am thinking about replacing PS19W with this bulb: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Genuine-SAMSU ... #vi-ilComp

Of course, this LED bulb is called "5202" "H16" (there are two kinds of H16), but difference with PS19W is only with guiding pins, not locking pins. Guide pins can be easily modified.

I am now waiting for delivery from Hong Kong :-)

Please wait for further post with installation pictures...

BR,
Mario

Copa

Post by Copa »

any news ?
naimkhan

Post by naimkhan »

Full beams - H9 (factory Philips bulbs are installed can be replaced by LEDs)

Rear number plate bulbs - 501 (factory halogen bulbs, can be replaced with LEDs) - First mod I did when I got my Pulsar which cost me couple of quid from eBay.

Fog lights - H11 (factory halogen, can be replaced but LEDs)

IMG_8386.JPG

Last edited by naimkhan on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

naimkhan wrote:Full beams - H9 (factory Philips bulbs are installed can be replaced by LEDs)

Rear number plate bulbs - 501 (factory halogen bulbs, can be replaced with LEDs) - Most mod I did when I got my Pulsar which cost me couple of quid from eBay.

Fog lights - H11 (factory halogen, can be replaced but LEDs)
Nice to see a fellow essex pulsar owner!
mabby

Post by mabby »

Hi Everyone - I have done the LED main beam replacement on my 2017 Tekna and want to replace the Fog / DRL in the lower fog lamps - Not sure how to access the back though - Tried to undo the 4 x 10mm bolts on the bottom but the inner wheel mud guard still stays put - Does anyone have any photos or a guide - Thanks
mabby

Post by mabby »

Hi - I have ordered the DRL and Fog LED's and will be embarking on my mods soon - So if anyone has done this please let me know how to get good access to rear of fog lamps = Thanks
Igloo Q BirdBath

Post by Igloo Q BirdBath »

I have had a look at these lamps too. Really wanted to fit them, however, the whole tearing apart of the lower front bumper put me off. The videos on the Osram site are helpful up to a point but I would feel more confident with specific instructions. The electrical part doesn't phase me but the mechanical part does! I don't want to pull my 2year old 1.6T apart only to find I lack the skill to put it all back the way it was.
BCH

Post by BCH »

My DRL lights are LED nice and white and liog 100% better. I have not changed the fog lights as I have never used them.