None for me

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Bleubolt

Post by Bleubolt »

I've owned my Beast since new 2015. I drive it like i stole it. I have had no issue apart form the faulty batter/start stop issue 4 yrs ago, replaced under warranty. SOmetimes the brake warning light comes on when going fast around corners, thats just slow fluid or worn pads, which i changed.

Serviced myself, brakes,plugs, oil, weekend washing, keep it clean drive it mean.

all i have is a squeeky drivers seat as im a bit fat.

Now i think its time to change the cambelt but i see nissan price is crazy, and lots of small garages i have aproached arent interested, as its a renault engine and they keep saying they need special tools. Seems quite cheap for the belt on the old ebay. any one done it theirself ?

stiyo

Post by stiyo »

I brought mine to an independent garage (he works mostly on fiat cars but having no problems servicing other cars), he asked 500 euros to change timing belt, water pump etc. As per his explanation, it doesn't need any special tools.
If you decide to diy, take a look of the video , it's the same engine. Check for K9K 636 timing belt kit 119 tooth.