Car lost ability to accelerate

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Finnegan63

Post by Finnegan63 »

I was driving by Nissar Pulsar at 30mph yesterday when I suddenly lost the ability to accelerate and the car could only go at about 15mph. I got an on-screen fault message. I managed to park and call out the AA, who rectified the fault and gave me the following report.

'Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - S39 / Diesel CR/EDC SID 309 Status :P0226 - Brake pedal/accelerator pedal position. Error Message : Unknown error type ($F1). Error sporadic.Cleared fault codes from diagnostic memory and checked live data stream. Road tested. All ok Visit workshop for further investigation'.

The car worked fine after that. I phoned the local garage (the only one in my area) who said as the fault had been corrected, they would not be able to find the root cause and it could be due to a wide number of problems. Has anyone else had similar issues? Did they recur? If the problem happened to you, were you able to keep the car going until you parked or did it stop altogether? Did you find a garage that was more helpful and if so, did you get an explanation as to what the fault actually was and what did they do?

kt53

Post by kt53 »

So much is controlled electronically it's not unreasonable for the garage to say they wouldn't be able to find the root cause. The AA guy effectively 'reset' the system after it had indicated a fault, presumably wrongly as the car is now running OK.
danielk

Post by danielk »

Out of interest were u driving in two gear at low revs??
Billypulse

Post by Billypulse »

danielk wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:47 pm Out of interest were u driving in two gear at low revs??
This happened to me :( do you have an idea of the cause?
Billypulse

Post by Billypulse »

Yes but then lost all ability to give any accelleration, even in neutral