Forward emergency braking system

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
JSmith5

Post by JSmith5 »

Hi,

I am currently having an ongoing issue with Nissan. My car which just in the middle of November, only just turned three years old. it has just had it's first MOT and this is where the issues started. I had the start/stop warning light at first with many other faults appearing in quick succession. I paid £475 to get these issues rectified. Yesterday, I had the forward emergency braking system fault come up, so I took it to Nissan/Lookers this morning. Picked it up this afternoon and they require £1100 from me to carry out the fix to replace and calibrate the forward emergency braking radar. I believe that the radar fault may have been picked up and fixed on the earlier visit.

Has anybody else had this problem on such a new car outside of the warranty period. If so, would anyone be able to guide me in the direction of someone who could possibly repair the issue any cheaper.

Jordan,

kt53

Post by kt53 »

You could try contacting Nissan Customer Service to see if they are prepared to contribute to the cost if the car is literally just a couple of weeks beyond the warranty period. There's nothing to lose by trying. https://www.nissan.co.uk/customer-servi ... ct-us.html
JSmith5

Post by JSmith5 »

Cheers for that, I have done and yeah they are willing to help.
Swe

Post by Swe »

Hi Just a question, have you got the battery replaced?? The fault you describe occurs with a defective battery. Fiamm original battery has been changed on many cars on warranty.
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

Yeah, I had this - Nissan assistance ( RAC ) came out and changed the battery, which sorted it.
NotAMonkey

Post by NotAMonkey »

Swe wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:00 pm Hi Just a question, have you got the battery replaced?? The fault you describe occurs with a defective battery. Fiamm original battery has been changed on many cars on warranty.
Appreciate it’s an old post, but could you explain this more?

I have issues with my lane departure and blind spot sensors. They work for 5-10 minutes and then I get an error. I’ve heard this may be a battery issue.

My car starts fine and doesn’t show signs of battery problems. But I keep seeing mention of Fiamm.

What’s the issue here?