Upgrades

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Has there been any upgrades on the Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T TEKNA since its launch in 2014.

RandomlySet

Post by RandomlySet »

More information as to what upgrades you are referring to may help. What exactly do you want to know?
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Hi thanks for your post there is nothing in particular I was just wondering if there had been any improvements /additions /upgrades etc
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

Don't know if this will fit in with what you're thinking about, but a few of us have added sill protectors.

You can if you want go to your main dealer and pay £149.95 for them - fitted of course ! Or, (thanks to Swe spotting them ) you can get them for around tweny quid and spend at most 5 minutes fitting them yourself - all the info is on the link and I thnk the longest anyone has waited for them has been about ten days - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/stainle ... 61787.html
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
Swe

Post by Swe »

There has been a software upgrade, probably made at service. There are by the way 2 things that you must pay attention to. First and worst is abnormal oli consumption. Check oil stick often, several cars with petrol engine 1.2 dig-t was badly manufactured. The second problem is faulty battery. Warnings like start/stop, auto brake were caused by bad battery. There is also an upcoming hardware update on 1.2l engine, the air inlet to engine aspiration is being modified due to freezing problem i cold moisty area.
YORKIE

Post by YORKIE »

Thanks guys for your posts.
Daz

Post by Daz »

I brought my wife a 1.2 Juke on 65 plate, it had 31k on the clock, service history etc, we've done 6k or there abouts.... Its used 8lts of oil there are no drips/leaks and as far as I can tell no smoke out the back, aside from someone draining the oil where is it going.... Its back in the garage where we brought it for them to try and diagnose the problem, I own a Nissan Elgrand E50 and we've done over 20k in her she 20yrs old and I haven't had to put more than a litre in the ol girl.