Lane Departure & BSW

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
NJH-71

Post by NJH-71 »

Hi

I picked up my (new to me) Pulsar last weekend (1.2 DIG-T CVT Tekna). As I was driving it home along the dual carriageway the lane departure and blind spot warning systems were working great, since then they don't seem to be doing anything (they're definitely switched on) so my stupid question of the day is do both of these systems only work on dual carriageways/motorways and not when on a single carriageway road?

Thanks.

nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

My blind spot warning works all the time. Can't say I've noticed the lane departure, but if you think about it, on a single carriageway you've no lane to depart from. I suppose it could warn you that you're on the other side of the road but I reckon you'd know that !
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
NJH-71

Post by NJH-71 »

Thanks - does the BSW only work when cars are overtaking or when you pass parked cars or cars going the other way in the other lane?
nottmsteve

Post by nottmsteve »

NJH-71 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:55 am Thanks - does the BSW only work when cars are overtaking or when you pass parked cars or cars going the other way in the other lane?
To be honest, i don't pay it too much heed. I'm sure it only works when cars are passing or close to you, not parked cars. It works on what's behind or at the side, not what's in front so I don't think it picks up cars travelling the other way.
2017 1.2 Pulsar Tekna
2017 1.2 Micra Acenta
NJH-71

Post by NJH-71 »

Perfect - thanks for your help
Particulate Driver

Post by Particulate Driver »

My blind spot warning goes all the time, but not for parked cars - on single lane roads the lane warning comes on when it feels like it.