Weird one

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

I've been getting some vibration from my 1.2. Not at any particular speed, just generally. Not intense, just enough to annoy me. When I hit 75mph it becomes a rythmic, oscillating vibration, like I'm driving over chevrons with gaps. Tyres are brand new, all balanced, alignment was done (it did need adjusted) and I've even had a dial indicator on my alloys and brake discs to check for any warping or buckling. Everything within 2-4 thousands. I'm now at driveshafts or wheel hubs but reluctant to throw money at it if I'm not sure. Any ideas out there? Anyone had anything similar?

Swe

Post by Swe »

X-tronic gearbox?
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

No, manual. I jacked the fronts up yesterday and got someone to drive the wheels. Both tyres look like they are out of shape. They were changed because one of the old ones were out of shape. What could cause tyres to do this? Never seen this before.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

suspension issue maybe, you hit any big potholes.
StuGee

Post by StuGee »

Everything is tight and as it should be. The issue seems to be getting better with time. Perhaps the tyres weren't stored correctly but are coming into shape with use. I am having brake issues, see new thread, which might be affecting things.