Did I just buy a lemon?

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
TheRocky

Post by TheRocky »

Hi all!

Two weeks ago I bought a Nissan Pulsar 1.2 Petrol from a Nissan dealership. It’s a Jan 2015 model with 28 237 miles on the clock.

I noticed a knocking type sound (light metal tapping) and then this week I had system failure.

They ran diagnostics and discover the turbo needs replacing to the new type. Fair enough. But my concern is we were told that the last service was a general oil and what not check. Turns out it had its timing belt replaced.

I’m starting to get nervous that this car is having early issues for things that should only come much later in its life. I’ve been biten by a car before and this feels a lot like that.

Should I exchange it or see it through?

It’s so young and low in mileage so I would never expect these issues.

janjim3

Post by janjim3 »

Hi,
Sorry to hear of your problems, I have owned my Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T since end of August 2018 and my instinct was to send it back for a refund within the 30 days timescale stipulated. I did not follow my instinct and paid for it in May when we drove to Southern Spain and the car suffered an engine seizure 200 miles from our destination with only 27,400 miles on the clock. Luckily, the warranty covered the costs of hire cars, repatriation of our Pulsar and a replacement engine (reconditioned unit WITH NO GUARANTEE). I have absolutely no confidence in my Pulsar now and at 71 years of age do not have the funds for a replacement. Our case is currently with the Motor Ombudsman as Motorline Nissan (the dealership that sold us this heap of xxxx) have refused to refund us even though the car is not fit for purpose. GO WITH YOUR OWN INNER FEELINGS - personally, with the knowledge that I have gained over the past 3/4 months I honestly feel that that these 'dealerships' should be crucified for selling these faulty 1.2 Pulsars. GOOD LUCK, Jim.