Radio unit not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Pulsar
Vanessaridout11

Post by Vanessaridout11 »

My radio/satnav system has stopped working completely. The garage has run a diagnostic test and run both an update and reconfiguration which didn’t resolve the problem. They say there must be something wrong with the system. To replace it would be £3600!! Has anyone else experienced this problem. It’s a 66 plate
Thanks

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

for a 4 year old car, i would push for a new replacement free.
even though car out of warranty, you can argue equipment not fit for purpose after only 4 years.
Vanessaridout11

Thanks that’s a great suggestion Will give it a go
kt53

Post by kt53 »

If you get no luck via the dealership, try contacting Nissan Customer Service. Although I got little direct success when I had problems obtaining updates for the satnav, I then used those e-mails when I contacted the UK chief exec. I had a phone call within about 1/2 hour of sending the e-mail and the problems with getting updates resolved in days. The person I spoke to in the chief exec's office told me that the dealership had been 'updated on their customer service requirements' which I interpreted as getting a rocket up their ****.
Vanessaridout11

Thanks I rang the dealership again today as I’m
Really not happy. I would expect something like this to last for longer than 4 years! I have contact Nissan customer services and waiting for a reply
kt53

Post by kt53 »

How the hell can the replacement radio unit be 1/4 of the price of the original car price?