Aircon shrader valve leak

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Marcdlew

Post by Marcdlew »

Hi. New member. Have a 2016 Pulsar from new. Aside from niggles fixed under the warranty, the car has been mechanically sound. Build quality is iffy in some areas though.
Currently I have an issue with the aircon. It was regassed a week ago with ATS but ran out in a day. Was diagnosed as a leak in the shrader valve which is used as the fill up entry point for regas.
Compressor was working when regassed initially so I know that was good. Compressor was changed under the warranty within the first year.
So my question is, how do I get the shrader valves changed? All the small local garages won't do it as they don't have the expensive gas machines to flush and fill, even though the system is empty of gas. I live in South Wales. I've seen the process of the valves replaced on YouTube, and it's a simple job with the right tools and valves.

stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Hi,
Got the same issue as yours on my 2015 diesel pulsar. Nissan garage propose me a 600 euro job that includes changing the high pressure line (where the valve are leaking), re-gas and a 2 hours work. It's a new gas, quite expensive as i told. 250 euro only for it.
If i see from the dye, the leak comes from bottom of the valve, so quite impossible to be fixed.
Good luck.
Marcdlew

Post by Marcdlew »

I had the both valves changed, but the leak persists. Nissan want to charge £114 an hour, just to put it on a diagnostic machine.
There must be a viable alternative than be ripped off by Nissan constantly?
stiyo

Post by stiyo »

Send some mails to many nissan garage, that's what i did to compares their fee.
The official nissan garage where i went here in Belgium asks 35€ for diagnostics. Other independent garage doesn't want to make the work for my car because of the new gas.
If the leak is there after both valves are changed, i think the hoses needs to be changed.