Inner tie rod

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
F999sh

Post by F999sh »

Hi everyone, I have a 2016 pulsar diesel. It needs an offside inner tie rod but I can’t seem to locate 1 anywhere. I’ve even tried Nissan but they are saying that it’s part of the steering rack and is not available to buy separately. Anyone got any ideas?

stiyo

Post by stiyo »

The outer side is replaceable, the inner side is together with the steering system.
I've never replace it myself, but i've seen it and they adjust this if you are doing the geometry. Do the part is broken? you feel weird when driving it?
I've seen the parts available on online shop, i have good experience with autodoc, maybe you can try autodoc.co.uk, you can look under steering parts section.
Quite strange that nissan garage said that it's not replaceable, have you tried asking to independent garage or another nissan garage?
Good luck
F999sh

Post by F999sh »

I’ve tried Autodoc and they don’t stock an aftermarket part either. I’ve also tried 2 independent garages and they are both saying the same, that it is part of the steering rack. I cannot believe that what is merely a £40 part is gonna cost in excess of £450 without vat and labour costs. Nissan, you should be ashamed!!