Kicking tyres

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
skyrocketeer

Post by skyrocketeer »

Hi all,
I have the interesting task of finding a new car for my wife to shepherd my kids around the country in. (Our previous kiddy chariot was an utterly fantastic SEAT Ibiza, that got written off in a shunt).
Being honest we hadn't considered the Pulsar until a bit of left-field thinking after getting frustrated by the selection of SEATs for sale locally. However on deciding to go up a segment to something a little bigger (inconveniently kids don't stay the same size for long), and broaden our search criteria there were a couple of Pulsars locally which we decided to take a look at.
Sadly neither are up to standard cosmetically (stonechips and corroded alloys on one, and a bashed up mirror and snagged upholstery on another), but layout and spec were good with an acceptable drive, so we will probably be considering more.
I'm handy with the spanners, but all my experience has been with BMW/VAG group hardware so Nissans are new territory.

TL:DR - any tips for buying? We are looking at the petrol engine models only, more toys the better.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

The 1.2 petrol had problems with excessive oil consumption in the early years. It uses a Renault engine and there is the equivalent of the USA 'class action' under way in Europe. There were many engine failures. I have a 2016 model and haven't seen any problem to date. I wouldn't consider anything any older than 2016 and also ensure it has a full service history. They are nice cars, and very economical. I get well over 50 mpg on a decent run and 40ish even around town. N-Connecta and Tekna are the top specs.