Hiding a cable from dash cam in my Nissan Pulsar

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
DJ Girl CM

Post by DJ Girl CM »

Hello all

Can anyone help?

After a shocking road rage incident, I decided I needed to purchase a dash cam. I have managed to install this easily, but have no idea of the best way to hide the cable.

My local Nissan dealer has offered to fit the cable, but wants £60 plus VAT to do so. This is more than I paid for the camera!

Can anyone suggest an easy way of hiding the cable, given the location of the socket in the Pulsar?

Thank you.

Claire

gezt

Post by gezt »

If cam is behind interior mirror (best place)then just tuck cable up under the head lining along to passenger windscreen side panel, it will easily tuck behind that panel aswell. then pull off door rubber seal and feed cable down inside rubber, plenty of room, then feed into fuse box and hard wire into the fuse. that's easy to do ,there is a post either on here or on the facebook page showing what you need and how to do it. total cost less than £5.
Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

They will probably be charging you for an hours labour. As above, just take your time with it, removing trim at this level is fairly straight forward. Just don't go bonkers as it and you will be fine!