Introduction

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Roggys

Post by Roggys »

Good day from a new Pulsar owner in SE London. Owned a 04 Almera from new but someone decided to run into it in a Sainsbury's car park and wrote it off. Shame as it had been serviced by main dealer since new, not to mention a fitted tow bar. Decided to look for the Almera replacement and found a 65 plate one next day in the wilds of Kent. Still getting used to it and only realised today that there is a key in the key fob after changing the battery. Not sure if you can start the engine with it and haven't used it to open the door. Must read the manual thoroughly. Only used the towbar for a ride on bike rack, will try to fit them in the back with seats down as a tow bar must be around £700 brought and fitted.

gezt

Post by gezt »

Welcome to the madhouse, there is also a Facebook page to look at. We had the almera and swopped it for 1.6 tekna, well pleased with the car, enjoy yours.
kt53

Post by kt53 »

I can't use the key to start mine as there is no ignition switch. At least not one I am aware of.
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

hello,
the key is to lock/unlock the car if your keyfob fails/dies.
there is no ignition switch on these cars so you cannot start the car with a key.
if your keyfob battery is nearly dead then apparently if you put the fob to the starter button and push to start , it can start the engine.
Roggys

Post by Roggys »

I read about the key usage. Just changed the battery in one of the key fobs so hopefully that will last a while. Does anyone know if you can dim the instrument lights, not the radio but the speedo etc. Our Almera had parking sensors and you tend to rely on them, have to get used to parking without them now. Will still have it serviced (it was a lease car, 17k miles with FSH) at a main dealer mainly as Nissan offer free annual European breakdown cover.
gezt

Post by gezt »

Little rocker sitch ,righthand sode just above the stop start button etc, its on the panel not the dash.