Pulsar N-Tec 1.2 Dig-T

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
pulsarki

Post by pulsarki »

Afternoon Guys and Girls,

Just a quick hello and intro. My name is Ki, 34 and the proud owner of 15 plate N-tec Pulsar 1.2 Dig-T. Love the car aside the horrible 1st gear black spot!!! I would love to know if anyone has started tuning these yet, small or major mods. Ive got a set of H&R 30mm springs on the way but aside that cant find a thing.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ki

Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

Ki,
can you expand on this first gear black spot ! I have the same model and find the 1st gear and clutch make for a bad combination , otherwise great in every other gear. I am pleasantly surprised how well it pulls in 6th and how good the cruise control is.

However the first gear is far too tall , 11mph at 2000rpm which means it can do well over 30 at the red line . This coupled with the turbo boost which is full on around 2000 rpm make for a unpleasant start.

Move off around 1500rpm and the engine seems to stick and hesitate but eventually gets up to 2000 when things get better but seems to stick again around 3000.

On the other hand, move off around 2000, and there is too much clutch slip before things settle, but a degree of hesitancy remains.

Its only smooth if you do a very slow granny acceleration ;

Any one else experiencing this ? I sometime wonder if we have a gearbox for a diesel or at least the first gear elements
pulsarki

Post by pulsarki »

Hi,

I just find that unless you get the revs just perfect it bogs down horribly and then you have to give it the beans to get it going again. I am told there is a software update/recall in the pipeline as i write so make sure Nissan have your details to send you the recall.
Quasar9

Post by Quasar9 »

looking forward to the update. Nissan have my details as I have already been in one recall, to update DAB software. Not sure what it did as I could not notice any difference after the update.