More Nissan Pulsar Nismo Rumours

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The Pulsar Nismo rumours keep on coming. I suspect it's only a matter of time before a Nismo version is officially unveiled by Nissan. Give it 12 months ;)

Speaking to Autocar at the recent launch of Nissan’s 2015 Le Mans project, Nissan boss Andy Palmer said the company was working on a philosophy of “democratising performance” by offering a wide range of Nismo models across different price points to appeal to different customers.

Asked whether that could include a Nismo version of the Pulsar revealed earlier this year, he said: “It’s not something I’d like to confirm now, but would a C-segment hatch be the great place to have a Nismo? You might say so.”

Palmer emphasised the two-step division that will exist within the Nismo range, with a ‘warm’ versions presided over by full-bore performance models such as the GT-R Nismo.

“Wherever you could imagine an S or GT grade in a passenger car line-up, we’ll have a Nismo. Generally speaking, we’ll have two levels of Nismo, this is very important because that was the original concept of Nismo, this democratisation of performance,” he said.

“You’ve got the Nismo S, which is more about exploiting the ride and handling of a car. Most of us can’t drive within the power of the engine we have anyway, even though we’d like to think we’re God-like in our abilities behind the wheel. Most of us basically just need the suspension and steering to do more. So the first step is a little bit of horsepower and a lot of improvements to the chassis dynamics.

“On top of that we come with the RS, which has got all the extra power. So as we go forward over time wherever you would expect there to be a GT or an S in a normal-grade line-up, there will be a Nismo S and a Nismo RS.”

image.jpg

AdamTele

Post by AdamTele »

Looks ace!! Too old for a hot hatch now and too young for a mid-life crisis car. Or am I??! lol