Connect version?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
NotAMonkey

Post by NotAMonkey »

Morning all,

I have a 2016 Nissan Pulsar Tekna. It has a connect head unit. I’m struggling to identify what version it is, 2 or 3. Can anyone advise a way to check this?

I’ve tried Google searches for the physical appearance, but different sites show different looking units as being 2 and 3 so it’s not possible for me to confirm.

Does the system display any model information in a menu?

This is the device,

kt53

Post by kt53 »

It's Connect 3. If you are checking for map updates the latest is V6.
NotAMonkey

Post by NotAMonkey »

I was looking to download the D605 firmware and replace my current D302 with it as I’m having reception issues with my DAB and FM reception at present.

Re map updates, if it’s for Connect 3 I presume I can just grab that and go then..?
kt53

Post by kt53 »

No you can't 'grab and go' the map update. At a Nissan dealership it will cost well over £100, but they are available on line for much less. I got mine here https://www.latestsatnav.co.uk/ Even the 'new' version has data from early to mid 2020 (that's not a typo).
The problem with the radio cutting out is a known one to Nissan and is covered under warranty, even when the vehicle itself is no longer covered. It was updated on my 2016 car when it was in for service a couple of weeks ago.