Do I or Don't I?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Moonhogg

Post by Moonhogg »

Hi, I'm in the market for a new car - well, new used, anyway.
I've been driving a Hyundai i30 for the past three years, and liked it a lot. However, time for a change, and the Pulsar is looking a big possibility.

I like the look of the high end models, leather seats, dual climate, parking camera, and emergency braking assist (slight mishap with my last car - this would have been a help!).

I'm also very tempted by the diesel - the fuel economy seems very impressive in comparison to the petrol. Does anyone know what the 40-60 acceleration is like (IE - can it overtake on an A-road safely?)

My budget will allow me to look at 16 reg ones with about 35k on the clock.

Basically I'm here to ask should I do it?
If I visit a dealer with the car I want, what do I need to look for? Any recognised faults to check, any telltale signs of trouble I should look for?

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received. :)

Thank you in advance!

naimkhan

Post by naimkhan »

I’ve got the diesel for the last three years and it’s given me no issues whatsoever. I’ve bought the car on 13k and currently at 87k. All I’ve done is maintenance (service, tyres and brakes). Very affordable to run, it costs me less than £50 for a full tank and I get a return of 330 miles (city driving).

Free road tax on the diesel as well and insurance group is low so it’s not much to insure. I know the 1.2 petrol engines had issues before (check other forum posts) so I’d recommend Euro 6 diesel. It’s nippy enough to overtake, drop a gear and you’ll be just fine.

Parts for this car is also cheap, my brakes costs me about £15-18 per pads (check GSF autos for parts) and budget tyres are around £50 new. Good car overall, does have some issues tho like the AC and some interior rattling but it’s value for money. Get n-tec or above as you’ll get all the spec you need, tekna is better but n-tec will be just fine.