2017 Nissan Pulsar - timing chain

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
carhead

Post by carhead »

First time on here, this Forum site. We have a 17 plate 1.2 engine n 415734A Auto with 35K on the clock, with a suspected timing chain issue.

The car is not noisy on idle, but a distinct rattling noise under acceleration. We are Stockport, Cheshire based, our concern is where to take the vehicle, due to problems with main dealers in the local area and from where we purchased the vehicle.

None of our vehicles will ever be going to Nissan Main Dealer again, we would rather take our car to someone who has experience of working on this issue with this vehicle. Obviously we all know damage that can occur due to cam belts and chains on vehicles.

Cannot believe that Nissan have not recalled these due to timing chain issues, our vehicle has no recalls listed .

Can anyone offer us any assistance please.

kt53

Post by kt53 »

If you are on Facebook post this on the Nissan Pulsar C13 Owners Club. Most people who were on here now reside on that group.
Dave@121

Post by Dave@121 »

Hi I am looking to buy a 2016 1.5dci pulsar and was at a dealership today. When I asked the question regarding has the timing belt been replaced they replied its a timing chain not a belt, when my research had stated that in fact timing belts were fitted to the 1.5dci engine. I left the dealership without buying the car. Can anyone confirm if any of the 1.5dci engines were fitted with a timing chain.
Cheers
jerrybear

Post by jerrybear »

no they are fitted with a timing belt,i have just had mine changed on my 17plate 1500 DIESEL at 36000 miles 60 months,also changed the water pump at the same time,cost in a local garage was approX £365.00 for timing belt water pump,labour,and £65 vat,so if a dealer is telling you its a timing chain on the diesel he needs sacking