Ideas/Inspiration? 1.6dig-T

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
PulsarNismo94

Post by PulsarNismo94 »

Hi all! :D
New here, recently purchased a 1.6 dig-t pulsar and was wondering if many people have tuned/modified these?

I have Ideas, already booked in for a cheeky stage 1.. happy days! But, there is confusion as to whether I can fit an atmospheric BOV or not, I cant find an exhaust system, and only one cold air intake priced at £390 :o

Plenty of parts for the juke, but apparently there are two engine variations? The pulsar is a 65 plate model.

Just looking for ideas/inspiration, anything is welcome :D

Cheers!
Nissan Pulsar 1.6 Dig-T '15

Deleted User 667

Post by Deleted User 667 »

There are indeed 2 engine generations, IIRC, the Pulsar's got the 2nd gen. There is also variation to Gen 2, and is fitted to the Juke Nismo RS which offers more power from factory. According to Nissan, many parts have been tweaked to take this extra power into account, as to what does not seem to be detailed, however as you may see on the Juke owners club, especially over in the USA, people are getting reasonable power out of the non Nismo RS version, both Gen1 and Gen2 engines.

The problem with the Pulsar in general, and even more so with the 1.6 DIG-T (its a rare engine with very little up take in the Pulsar and Qashqai... however sold fairly well within the Juke ranks), is that there will be very few people willing to make specific parts for it as they simply wont see the return in investment. People on here and the FB forum however have bought and adapted Juke bits to fit (engine wise). If you want something, essentially your going to need to get your elbows dirty and DIY it, or adapt off the shelf parts.

As for atmos BOV, I would err on the side of caution here. Although I believe the engine uses a MAP sensor rather than a MAF, more often than not the ECU will take into account the recirc system and is likely to cause issues.
PulsarNismo94

Post by PulsarNismo94 »

Thanks SplanK!
Not really what I was hoping to hear, but half what I was expecting to hear tbh :(

Really greatful for the info pal. Glad I found this forum, and will definitely check out the juke forums! I dont mind a bit of tweaking wherever necessary, just so long as the part its self is compatible with the pulsars 1.6 engine :)

Cheers again, will post any progress made here if anyone at all is interested, cant seem to find any threads related to tuning here :( , if anyone can shoot me some links I'd definitely be checking them out!
PulsarNismo94

Post by PulsarNismo94 »

To anyone interested, through extensive research I'm gaining good progress on modifying this engine..

I'm a nissan tech, and have found multiple dump valves that WILL FIT our 1.6 pulsars!

If anyone is interested I'm more than happy to post links, listed for different vehicles, some will fit straight bolt on others require subtle modifications to fit :)
Albertthegr8

Post by Albertthegr8 »

Hello bud I bought a 66plate 30k 1.6dig-t a few weeks ago and I’m currently looking for ideas and inspiration on parts and upgrades if you can help and toying with the idea of a stage 1 with amd tuning have you had yours done yet is it worth the money? Cheers 👍🏻