1.6 Dig-T - am I going to get the same issues that my Juke had?

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Barki

Post by Barki »

Hi all :-)

My first post - I'm going to get straight to it, since I only really have one question about my impending 1.6 DiG Pulsar purchase.

I know all too well that the earlier 1.6 Dig-T engines sufferes timing chain issues. I had a '11 Juke fitted with this and let's just say I lost a few thousand £.

Anyway, I've got a couple of kids now and actually I love the way the pulsar looks and drives. I've settled, I think, on a Pulsar 1.6, intending to pick it up this weekend.

So, my only question is, do the Pulsars with this engine also suffer timing chain issues or was that sorted by 2015?

Cheers 😊

Tom

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Hello

I have 1.6 2016 reg
Not had issues with timing chain, think some 1.2 engines had timing chain issues early on.
There are some posts on this site mention timing chain but fingers crossed the chain should last the lifetime of the car.
ravi_bhatt

Post by ravi_bhatt »

Hi!

I'm not sure about the issue but I've owned my 2016 1.6 Pulsar for almost 2 years, had it remapped for over 1 year with no issue.

I think that there are 2 versions of the 1.6 engine, the Pulsar lines across Europe have version 2 of this engine. Whereas the earlier Jukes had version 1 of the engine. Not too sure what the changes are to be honest. But there were some revisions for the version 2 engines. Sorry I couldn't help more concisely, but hope you enjoy ownership of the new car!